Volunteering is at the very core of being human. No one has made it through life without someone else’s help. (Heather French Henry)
Volunteers are critical to the operations of Iron County Care and Share. YOU can become a volunteer in three easy steps:
- Read So You Are Thinking of Becoming A Volunteer?
- Choose an available volunteer opportunity
- Complete the Volunteer Application (Please read the Volunteer Policies, Non-Disclosure Agreement and Code of Conduct)
- You will receive an email response within two business days. This email will contain your schedule and important time clock information.
A note to those that require proof of hours served: We do not track your hours manually. You must clock-in and out using the User Name and Password sent in your confirmation email. Upon completion of your hours served we will provide confirmation for you. Thank you for choosing Iron County Care and Share for your service hours.
Have a large group that would like to volunteer? The group leader/coordinator completes the Volunteer Application and reviews the Volunteer Policies, Non-Disclosure Agreement and Code of Conduct with all members of the group. In addition, please use the Large Group Volunteer Time Sheet and turn the sheet in when your group begins and ends your project.
Food Pantry: Volunteers are needed in the food pantry/warehouse to sort food items and stock shelves. Some volunteers may be asked to assist our clients assemble their food boxes. Available schedule: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. and occasional Fridays and weekends. Special projects arranged with our Executive Director.
Grocery Rescue Operations: Volunteers are needed to assist in picking up donations from local grocers. Our truck goes out daily to the community for pick ups. Volunteers needed Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Current Driver License and insurance required for driving positions. Assistance is also welcome to share the load.
Senior Food Box Delivery: We are seeking volunteers to distribute Senior Food Boxes in our community. Valid license, insurance is required and your own vehicle is helpful. This opportunity is typically one to two part time days per month. More time is welcome to assist with sign-ups and program organization.
Shelter: Volunteers are needed Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to answer the phone, greet clients, hand out toiletries and towels and assist case managers. Administrative and/or customer service experience welcomed, but not required.
Shelter Meals: Would like to share your culinary skills and love for people with our clients in shelter? Contact us today about a date and time you can come and prepare a meal for our shelter family. Consider a Sunday family style meal with conversation, laughs and love.
Special Projects: On occasion, we will host special projects to support our community. If you would like to assist, stay tuned to our website.
- We are seeking an individual or group to donate materials, expertise and time to build a proper dog kennel for our clients with a furry family members. Please contact our Executive Director for more details.
- A fresh coat of paint for our storage container Clothing Closet. Once we have a base cost/canvas, we would love an artistic community member to paint a mural to bring life and love to our closet.
- 20 each 55 gallon plastic drums/barrels, red, good condition PHOTO
- Vinyl lettering/logos for food donation drums
- Vinyl lettering (quotes/sayings) for our food pantry and emergency shelter
- Professional grade floor cleaner/buffer
- Design/build of a Tiny Library for placement outside of our food pantry PHOTO
If you have any questions about volunteering or to discuss a special project please call our Executive Director at (435) 586-4962.