Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

This federally funded program works to improve the health of senior citizens living in poverty who are at least 60 years of age. The USDA ships nutritious foods directly to Utah Food Bank, including canned fruits, vegetables, cereal, cheese and more. Last year, 35,978 CSFP boxes were delivered by volunteers and Utah Food Bank staff to individual residences and senior housing sites or picked up at local pantries.

CSFP Offers

  • A free monthly package containing 10 days worth of USDA food valued at $55
  • Nutrient-rich foods specific to seniors to help them maintain a healthy diet
  • Nutrition education
  • Delicious recipes specific to the supplied food to help recipients maximize the number of meals they can make using the ingredients in their box

What’s in the box:

  • Canned Meat
  • Peanut Butter
  • Cheese
  • Fruit
  • Dried Beans
  • Vegetables
  • Shelf-Stable Milk
  • Chili
  • Rice
  • Breakfast Cereal
  • Pasta
  • Juice

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  • Fax: (202) 690-7442
  • Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.